Sunday, June 6, 2010

Sharing my bargains and finds of the week

So I have decided to start a blog on all my money saving adventures. I figure it's a great way to share all my great deals and yard sale finds. I love saving money almost as much as I love my family. This is my way to get to stay home with my little man and still not feel deprived of all the things money can buy. It's a great high for me when I find a great deal and save money.

This week I was able to get 4 packages of Huggies Diapers for less than $3. You cannot even imagine how excited I was about that. I had a coupon that gave me $20 at Kroger if filled a prescription there. So since I have been annoyed with Walgreens anyway I decided I would move Scott's prescription for his Prevacid over there. I am there all the time anyway so it won't be a problem to get it over there instead and they have a drive through too if I am not already shopping. So diapers were on sale for $8.99 and when you spend $15 they gave you another $3 off. Normally I would have split the order to get that twice but since I had to spend the whole $20 at once I passed on that. I also had 4 $3 off on package coupons. Total before tax 96 cents. :)

I also found some great yard sales on Saturday. There were many neighborhood sales all over town and those are my favorite because you get to hit a bunch of sales all at once. This week I went to Belleau Woods, Clearwater, and the Pinnacle. I have been looking for a little Adirondack chair for Scott for the front porch with no luck. I saw a set that had some but it was 2 chairs and a table which was just more than I needed. Then I saw it a little rocking chair that looked a lot like one of those chairs. So out I jumped to check it out. It was the perfect size and low to the ground so he won't fall out. I will have to sand off the writing (some little one did) and seal it or paint it before it will be a good outdoor chair but it was only $2 so I can't complain. I also found some great DVD's for Scott that the lady was selling 2 for $1. So we got some Wiggles, Winnie the Pooh, and Bob the Builder 6 total for only $3. The find of the day and the thing Scott loved the most was the Wooden Wonder Pets train. It's the cutest thing with an engine and two cars. It makes train noises and has 3 little wooden wonder pet cut outs. Scott took one look at it and said "Ming Ming" for the first time. For anyone that doesn't know anything about Wonder Pets that is the duck that is on the show. She likes to be the center of attention. Hmmm wonder who that reminds me of. :)

I'm out of time. Hopefully in the future I can get more of my deals and steals on here to inspire all the rest of you to get out there and save some money.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment