Monday, November 22, 2010

Almost free tag books and more grocery runs

So many great deals to be had the last couple of weeks. I know that Black Friday will warrant some more but I am not sure if I am up for facing the crowds or not. My little boy is worth the effort though. Over the weekend I ran to Meijer where I just picked up a few items but was annoyed that my $2 off m-perks coupon that I took the time to add and punch in the code did not come off. Thankfully customer service gave me the $2 back anyway. I had a coupon for a free Healthy steamers meal so I got that. A couple of boxes of butter for the holiday baking since it was on sale. Some bags of frozen veggies for making chicken pot pie (since I stocked up on pie crust) and vegetable soup since it is starting to get cold and there is nothing  better than homemade soup in the crockpot and bread in the bread maker. :) See winter isn't all bad.

My husband killed his computer that we bought off of Craigslist over the summer and it was going to cost more to fix it than to buy a used one from Laptop exchange so I let them take the old one for $20 and got him another one. That is a great business. They take in old ones and make sure they are working and resell them. Since buying a new one was not an option this was a great choice for us. You can even get a warranty on them which is great. I hate when my husband uses all the memory on my computer surfing you-tube and then leaves it for me to reboot the next day before I can even check my email. This is a marriage saver for us. :)

I also ran to Rite aid again and used more coupons as well as the $9 in bucks they gave me for 3 more packs of diapers so for less than $5 I got 3 more packs. I love the deals on diapers at Rite Aid. I only wish they had more in stock so it was not so hard to get the kind/size you want or need. I still have one pack I need to exchange for a bigger size. Might have to try that tonight if I have to go by there to drop off the little boy I have been watching. I also have $9 in bucks to use so I might pick up another pack of diapers with that and a coupon.

Sunday I had another shop and even with the $14 I found enough deals to still spend another $7 but it was good stuff. I rolled my $3 coupon from Pillsbury for 4 more cans of Grands cinnamon rolls and 2 more cans of  crescent rolls for 41 cents a can. It also gave me another $3 coupon that I plan to use for some more pie crust and crescents tomorrow. I remembered that I needed batteries for my car remote so that was $3.99 plus tax of my overage but I need those and finding a deal was not really an option on something like a rare battery. At least they were not super expensive. I found some rubber spatulas for cleaning out bowls that appear to be good ones for $1 each so I picked up two of those. (Some times having to stay in the store for 30 minutes can be a bad thing because I have time to browse and possibly spend more.) I also picked up some yeast rolls with a coupon and a sale for $1.50. Not an amazing price for what they are but at 1/2 off a good deal anyway. I also had to get an under cart item (coke) and a deli item to fulfill my obligation.

I then ran to Target to pick up some Tag books. Even though I have not bought the older kid version of the Tag reader the books were cheap enough that I got them and will get a reader when I find a great deal. I have the Tag Jr one for Scott now and most of the books they have for it I got for $1 each at Walmart with coupons and a clearance deal. There were $5 coupons available so I printed two from each of our computers and some of the books were just $9.99 and one I got was $13.99 they were then BOGO free so for $3.99 plus $1.44 tax I got 4 books that normally cost $13.99 each. :) I love a great deal.

Today we went to Aldi. I am finding more and more that mostly what I am buying there is fresh fruit and veggies. Their prices are hard to beat and I can't get coupons on them most of the time so it's hard to save on them at the regular stores. Other stuff I can use coupons on are cheaper with a sale and coupons at other stores. Even bread I can find a good markdown on or run to the bread bakery for cheaper bread. I also gave in and bought Scotty a train there today. It as a really good price and every time he says Whooo Whooo for the whistle I just fall a little bit more in love with him so it was $7 well spent. Why else to save save money other than to be home but to spoil my boy just a little bit. :) So the deals of the day at Aldi were celery for 79 cents, bananas are always 39 cents a pound, pineapples for $1.49 so I got two, oh and 10lbs of potatoes for $1.49, and two bags of cranberries for 99 cents a bag.

Tomorrow I have another shop to do and two more pizza shops his week. So more freebies for a little bit of work. If you are interested in Mystery shopping let me know and I will tell you about the companies I do shops for.

No comments:

Post a Comment