Friday, November 19, 2010

Great trip to Kroger and things not to do while your toddler is misbehaving. :(

With the babysitting I have been doing I have not been going out as much so don't spend as much which is for sure a positive thing. This morning I ran into Target because I had heard of a deal or two that would be worth getting if they had them unfortunately the one I really wanted was not marked down yet so the deal won't work most likely since it ends on Wednesday. I also wanted to look at the Leapster Explorer for Scott for Christmas. He wouldn't even look at it and showed no interest so I think I will just save my money. He just kept looking at the other shelves yelling truck. Well we know what he likes. I have read mixed reviews on it anyway so it's probably for the best. I might go back Sunday or Monday if they really do have their Tag books BOGO free. I have printed $5 off coupons on them which would make them anywhere from free to $2 a piece so not a bad deal at all.

I also recently discovered that even though I don't own a Kindle I can download the Kindle for PC to my computer and can get all the great free books they offer right on my computer no Kindle needed. So I have been watching blogs and today clicked on a book I was interested in and Scott started to misbehave and jump on the couch and I hit click without checking to make sure it was still free. All the sudden I had bought a book that was $11.99 with on click and could not figure out a way to get rid of it or get my money back and Scott was still misbehaving which was stressing me out. Finally got him calmed down and called Amazon where they promised to refund my money. We will see if that happens. So I have decided I cannot do that if he is up and especially if he is not behaving at the time. :( Why in the world they think one click is a good thing I have no idea. I would rather have the option of turning it off so that kind of thing does not happen any more.

I have been working on getting my coupons together for some of the Pillsbury/General Mills deals at Kroger this week. From my shopping trip the other day I had my first $3 catalina. So today I went in and two separate orders so that I could get two different deals. My first one I needed to buy just 6 of the pillsbury items to get the cat but 8 items to get the correct prices on the items since it was a mega deal buy 4 get $4 off. So I got 6-2 packs of pie crust and 2 boxes of Chocolate Cheerios. After the $8 off each of the items was just $1.49. I had on .50/2 e-coupon for the pie crust and 3 $1/2 paper coupons. For the Cheerios I had one .75 e-coupon and 2 .75 cent off paper coupons. I added to this order 2 4 packs of yogurt that was on markdown for $1.39 and I had 50 cent off coupons for each that doubled making it just 39 cents each. I also got an 8 pack of drinkable yogurt marked down to $1.50 and had a 55 cent off coupon making it just .95 cents. I also picked up a loaf of bread to throw in the freezer that was marked down to $1.09 which will save me 60 cents next week. I also picked up 3 boxes of Green Giant veggies that were priced at 88 cents each. I had an e-coupon and a paper coupon both good for 60/3 so I saved a $1.20 total. My total after using the $3 coupon from my last shopping trip was $6.43. Then I took my $3 catalina from that order and bought 4 packages of Simply Chocolate chip cookies and two cans of Crescent rolls. I had an e-coupon for 50 cents off the crescent rolls and 2 e-coupons each worth $1/2 on the cookies. I had a 50 cent paper coupon which doubled on the crescent rolls and a .55/1 coupon for each of the packages of cookies so my total was 26 cents and I got another $3 coupon to use when I do my shop tomorrow. :) I think it was a pretty good day. Here is a picture of all I got for less than $7 and left with a $3 coupon.

No comments:

Post a Comment