Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Newest deals

I had a couple of shopping trips yesterday and got some great deals online. I hit Kroger and stocked up on Tomato sauce. Seems I keep running out and 50 cents a can is about as good as it gets. :) I found some more drinkable yogurts on clearance and used a coupon to get them cheap. Scotty loves mommy when she gets him more yogurt. I also checked and found that the regular ones I buy him are marked down through the end of the month and my coupons are good until then too so we are good to go for cheap ones the rest of the month. Yay! I got a few other things too but nothing to exciting. I also hit Aldi for some fresh fruits and veggies I have been doing so well there on that stuff. It's most of what I buy there any more. I got a pineapple for $1.69, bananas for 39 cents a pound, a pint of blueberries for $1.99,  and a pound of baby carrots for 69 cents.

I also finally got around to ordering a gift for my mom which I think I will save for Mother's day. Can't beat spending $5 for something she will love. My mom really likes to play cards and Art  Cow had a deal to get playing cards with a picture on them for $4.99 shipped. They have a great picture of her grandson on them so I know they will be a great gift.

I also used my $5 deal pulp credit to get a box of clothes from ThreadUp for only $1. Not sure if I will use it after trying it out or not but might be worth it we will see what my first experience is. I think I will probably do better buying stuff at yard sales but for $1 we will see how it goes.

Good thing I am all about saving money because I realized yesterday that our health insurance is going up this year and I thought we were in the clear. We all have individual plans so I don't know yet how much mine or my husband's is going up. We ended up upping my son's deductible because it was going up 14% or about 30 month. :( Oh well it's still great insurance even with the higher deductible. Now to figure out what to do about mine and my husband's since we already have a pretty high deductible. I guess it depends on how much it is going up. Why can't some things be easier when it comes to saving money.

Happy Saving!

No comments:

Post a Comment