Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Great savings at Once Upon a Child

I did indeed make it to sell some of Scott's stuff on Monday. However I did not sell as much as I would have liked due to the fact that the sizes I had are the common ones so I came home with more than I would like. I need to check out selling to some of the other ones in town but haven't gotten that far yet. I did make over $50 and found a good portion of Scott's wardrobe for next winter while I was there. I spent another $25 out of pocket which really is not to bad considering what clothes cost full price especially the name brands and a lot of what I got were. I got 8 pairs of pants, 7 shirts, 3 sweaters, 2 hoodies, a winter coat, a pair of shoes, and a book. :)

I also ran into Aldi and got Tortilla chips, 6 cans of chili beans 3 bags of bananas or about 9 lbs, a 2lb bag of dry great northern beans, and a loaf of bread for just under $14. I got the wrong chips so that did up my price a little bit. I need to pay more attention but I was in a hurry and wasn't. We also went to Sam's club where I got an 8 pack of 15oz cans of mandarin oranges, a rotisserie chicken, 3 cans of flavored peanuts, and a big container of grapes for about $25. I love how far I can make one of those chickens go. Scotty and I had sandwiches for lunch and I made enough pot pie filling for two pies which usually means dinner for the family and lunch for my husband the next day. I have enough meat left for at least on more meal and a pot of soup. All for $5.

I still am heading to Meijer and Kroger this week. It's been snowy and cold so we have not left the house in two days. I also want to check Targets toy prices again and possibly head to Gymboree to see if they have any deals worth using my Gymbucks on. We will see how the week rounds out. I hate the cold and hate being out in it even more. :(

Happy Saving

No comments:

Post a Comment