Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Trying to keep up with money saving...

I hate that I have not been able to keep up with this blog and keep everyone informed of my deals. There just don't seem to be enough hours in the day lately. Scott does not want to take two naps any more and one short one means he is a grouchy boy before the day is over and Brad is working a ton of hours recently.

I have been reading up on some of the other moms who post the deals and some of them go to a lot of effort to find all the deals and share them with others. I really appreciate that. My favorite one for Kroger is www.southernsavers.com she actually spent 2 hours in the store finding all the stuff on the Mega Sale this week. I follow Bargain Briana on a daily basis both on Facebook and getting an email with everything sent to me. I also follow Money Saving Mom the same way. They often have the same deals but the also have different ones too. Bargain Briana usually has the Meijer deals listed on her site. I also try and check www.afullcup.com where they have forums for most of the grocery stores. People like me get on there and post about the deals they find as well as people getting the sales ads early and posting about the deals and coupons match ups so you can get them before they are gone. I have used that early info to order extra coupons off ebay to get better deals since I rarely get a paper.

Today I went to Kroger but ended up making it out of the house without several of my coupons so I will have to make another quick trip in the end of the week. Thankfully it's only about 3 miles from the house so it won't take a lot of gas or I would have been more upset. They are currently have a Mega deal sale which I have a love/hate relationship with. I love the savings but hate that I have to keep track of how many items I have in my cart in order to make sure I actually get the extra $5 off my order. My receipt says I saved 53% which isn't bad. I do think I missed an e-coupon on my order and it does not count the yogurt I bought on clearance because it reads it as a regular price and not half price. I will have to contact whoever had the e-coupon for the Lean Cuisine so they can fix that for me. I also ended up getting one of the packs of yogurt I bought for free. If something does not ring up correctly at Kroger they will give it to you for free. Apparently someone forgot to take the tags off the shelf and nobody else had mentioned it. They go and check the shelf and then they give you your money back and you get to keep the item. In this case that meant I made $2 since that was what I was supposed to get off the yogurt with my e-coupon and my paper coupon which had already both come off but they gave me all of it back in cash. :)

I am still able to use both e-coupons from Kroger's site and paper coupons at my store so I can get some pretty good deals. I have been getting super cheap yogurt for Brad's lunch's this way. I am sure this will soon end but it's been great while it lasted the last several months. It was something I thought we might have to cut out because it was costing us a lot but then all these great coupon deals started coming up. The good thing is that Proctor and Gamble have now added their e-coupons back to Kroger cards which is helpful.

So when I go back later this week I am getting 2 Tombstone pizzas using the 2 $2 off coupons from FB's page to get them for 49 cents each. Two packages of Dananino yogurt that I have a $1 off coupons for making it 79 cents each and then there is a $1 coupon that should print so it will only be 29 cents each. I also have coupons to get cans of Red Gold Tomatoes for less than 30 cents a can.

I have also been to Aldi this week and am loving summer and all the fresh fruits and veggies available. They had organic strawberries for 99 cents a pound. Bing Cherries for $1.69 a pound which is an unbelievable price for them. I got a lot of other fruit and veggies as well.

Hopefully I will be able to post more of my money saving tips really soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment