Saturday, March 26, 2011

So Tuesday I had to pick up my husband's prescription so I headed back to Kroger with the coupons I forgot and some new ones for more free pasta in hand. I was sad to find that the computers are now catching all the coupons for items with ecoupons so I will probably stop using them for the most part since paper coupons double and ecoupons do not. It was nice while it lasted. The cashier did push them through because it was giving her a weird message she couldn't figure out but I knew what it was doing so I just went forward knowing I was done. So I got 8 more boxes of free pasta and 4 bags of Whole Wheat Egg Noodles for free. I got two boxes of Wheat thins for 99 cents each, a free bottle of Spicy brown mustard, a box of granola bars and one of fiber one bars each for 79 cents each. I got two bags of Gorton's fish for $2.99 each. Two bags of Steamfresh veggies for $1 each. I got 5 more containers of Philly cooking creme for 49 cents each. I got two 4 packs of Yoplait yogurt for my husband for 21 cents each. A 6 pack of Dananino yogurt for 49 cents. I don't get these though they are so tiny my son wants to eat at least two. What good are they. :( I also got 3 containers of sour cream and onion dip and paid 25 cents total for them. I did 3 mega deals with all that stuff well minus the bars they were not part of the deal. I spent just over $15 out of pocket and saved over $72 or 82%. It was a good trip.  Thankfully most of those deals would have been as good if I had not had the ecoupons so the deals will keep coming.

I hit another consignment sale this morning. I am really going to have to start working the sales or at least going the first day if I am going to buy Scotty clothes from them. Might have to stick to other places since the selection is not so good. I got a t-shirt for 50 cents, A DVD and a book for $1 each.

After that I hit Goodwill and found a coat for my husband for $5, a shirt for me for $3, A sweater for Scotty for $1.50. Two Mr. Rogers DVD's for $2.50 each and a potty book for 50 cents.

Update on my use of coupons at Rite Aid this week and how much it saved me. I went in on Sunday to buy a mouth guard for my husband that was on sale for $19.99. I had a $5 off coupon for it as well as two $1 off video value coupons good on any purchase (you watch videos to get them.) I received a $15 UP reward back on that purchase and spent $14.07. My second transaction that day was 2 packs of Huggies diapers and a bottle of Blink tears. I used a $2 off and a $2.50 off Huggies coupons and the UP reward and spent another $8.03. I will get back $7.99 from a rebate on the Blink tears. So a mouth guard, Blink and two packs of diapers for $14.10 out of pocket. I found out that if I spent $40 on Kimberly Clark items you got a $10 UP reward. You did not have to purchase them in one order. I went back this morning and used a $3 off $15 purchase from a survey on the receipts from Sunday. I got 3 more packs of diapers using 3/$3 off 1 coupons and two more $1 off coupons from my husband's account. I spent $14.29 and got a $10 UP reward because it added up with the two packs from Sunday. Then I used another $3 off $15 coupon and the $10 UP reward and a $3 and a $2 off Huggies coupons to get two more packs for $1.41 with a pack of candy thrown in to absorb the little overage of the coupons since the rest was tax. 5 packs of diapers for $15.70. Coupons save so much when paired with sales and store deals. Without the sales or deals regular Rite Aid prices would have been $135.99 I spent $29.81 after all coupons, rewards, and rebates. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment