Thursday, October 21, 2010

Another mystery shop and a free solution

OK so I love doing mystery shops because it gives me a little bit extra in the budget and I get to buy things I normally would not because stuff from the deli is not in my price range. :)I still spent a little out of pocket today but mostly because I bought a treat for Scotty and a "birthday" cake for myself. If I send my husband to get a cake I will end up with something super expensive and probably not what I wanted anyway. So I got a chocolate cake that was marked down and it looks yummy. I got Scott a bucket to collect his Halloween candy in. It has Lightening McQueen on it and looks like a tire. He loves it. It was at least on sale but still a splurge because we didn't "need" it. I am sure it will be a hit for years to come though. I used some coupons and got some frozen meals for 38 cents each. If I had the freezer space I probably could have got them for free with some extra money as well but it wouldn't work so I took what I could get. They are the Hungry Man ones so Scott and I will both get a meal from one. I love stuff for quick lunches for such a cheap price. :) I also was able to pick up some yogurt that had been marked down. I had coupons that doubled and made some of it free so I got 16 cups of yogurt and spent only $2. That makes Brad very happy when he gets them in his lunch. Yogurt and granola bars were things I thought I was going to have to cut out but I have managed to find some great deals and keep buying them for a lot less. :)

My excitement for the day was discovering that I had a picture we had never hung because it was a duplicate of one we already had hanging in our bedroom. I wanted a frame for the caricature I had made of Scott. It was some work getting the stuff off the back but it looks great. Now all I have to do is get a picture hanger to put on it since it was made to hang the other way and the pieces don't come off to move them. I think I might have one around here I just need to look for it. Then I have a frame and mat for nothing out of pocket and I could not be happier. I was actually heading out to goodwill to see what I could find there when I remembered that picture had been gathering dust in my bedroom for several years now. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment