Monday, October 4, 2010

Yard Sales, Kroger, Aldi, and Christmas Cards to end and restart the week

I was able to hit a few more neighborhood sales over the weekend. Not as many great finds as in the spring and I am not sure why that is since I am sure some of these people have not had a sale since spring. I picked up a few trucks and stacking cups for Scotty since they are his favorites. I got him a new vehicle puzzle that he loves. It is a Melissa and Doug and had the handles on it for only $2. I picked up a few DVD's on Friday for him I got 5 for just $14 and they were good ones including Bolt and Wall*E.

I went to Kroger and got a few deals. Still dealing with some of my e-coupons not working. Haven't resolved the ones from last week either so that is even worse. I have more soup coupons and I found that they are still on sale at my Kroger but didn't seem to be at the one yesterday so I need to go back and get those while they are almost free or some are free. I picked up two bottles of salad dressing for 49 cents each that were on sale with coupons. I got two bottles of bbq sauce, 2 containers of velveeta broccoli and cheese pasta, 2 bags of Quakes, and two bottles of Fuze for only $3.90. I also picked up 5 bricks of cream cheese for free since it was on sale for .99 cents and I had a buy five get $5 off coupon. So technically I made 5 cents off of that one.

At Aldi I got my usual bananas, 4 pounds of grapes, a large pineapple, 2 cans of refried beans, 4 cans of chili beans, a loaf of whole wheat bread, and 2 plums for less than $14.

I also found a deal on my Christmas cards. Maybe not the best one that will be out there but I have the extra money to do it this week and who knows what the deals will be in the future and if I will have the money. I have my stamps all ready to go so this was my last expense. I spent $25 on 40 personalized cards with envelopes. That included tax and shipping. I saved almost $14 off their regular price. I think Walmart might be about the same price but for the life of me I could not get them to tell me a price other than they start at 28 cents which I know are the smaller cards. I love Kodak Gallery and know they will be top quality so I am happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment