Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Savings at Meijer and Target

Savings at Target and Meijer

The budget is kind of slim this week because of other stuff we needed. Thankfully there were some good sales and I have two mystery shops that will pay for some groceries. 

So I hit Target armed with a $2 off Target coupon and a $2 off Manf coupon for Huggies so diapers for $5.47 with tax. I also picked up two packs of Bic pens using two coupons for $1 off 2 on store one Manf. Love that they let you do that.

Then onto Meijer where I did two transactions to get the Catalinas and free Chex mix with double coupons. The first one I paid $2 and got back a $3 cat. I got 8 cans of Progresso soup and 2 bags of Chex mix. The second transaction I got 8 more cans of soup and 2 more bags of Chex mix. Then I got 6 packs of Ziploc containers and 4 bags of Ziploc bags for 50 cents each. I also got 6 packs of Scott’s favorite Lance crackers for 45 cents each after the sale and a 55 cent off coupon. I also picked up some Pizza Rolls for my sister at 60 cents a box and one free box for buying 10 items from the 10/$10 sale get one free.

I also got a couple of bags of bread flour and some cabbage that were on sale. I spent $17.36 and saved $68.32. Great shopping trip. This was without 2 of my coupons that should have doubled doubling. Some weird computer glitch and then the cashier didn’t double when she put them in manually. I should have been paying more attention. She told me they were saying coupon conflict error. Now what the heck does that mean? New one to me.

I also took Scott’s clothes into Once Upon a Child hoping to sell some to have money to get some of the stuff he needs for winter. They really did not buy that much this time. I am hoping as he gets bigger we will be able to sell more of it. I think I will try taking what is left to Re-kid and see what they might take since it’s all good stuff. I did get over $34 in store credit and picked up 3 pairs of jeans and a pair of the Gap dress pants I love for Scott in a size 2T with the adjustable waist so we get long enough without falling off. I also got him Bambi II on DVD and we still have a little over $11 left for next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment